The Ohana Custom Shop Tenor -- "Honu"
This Artisan OCS Tenor Ukulele is resplendent in its attention detail and form. Made in all-solid Bear Claw Sitka Spruce and Tasmanian Blackwood back and sides. The Spruce is absolutely gorgeous in Bear Claw style figuring. The Tasmanian Blackwood features striking spalting, lending additional interest to an already stunning instrument.
Of course, the real draw for this piece is the incredible sea turtle inlay featured on the fretboard of this OCS tenor. Thought by many cultures to signify protection, good luck and longevity, the owner of this ukulele is sure to be surrounded by joy and good music.
Wood body binding with abalone purfling, and a sleek end graft further complement the look of this elegant new offering from the Custom Shop.
Included Accessories: Hardshell Case, Polish Cloth, Humidity Control Pack, and Build Notes for Your Ukulele.
- Body Shape - Tenor
- Top - Bear Claw Spruce
- Back & Sides - Tasmanian Blackwood
- Rosette - Abalone
- Binding - Rosewood
- Purfling - Abalone
- Fingerboard - Ebony
- Bridge - Zircote
- Neck - Poplar
- Side Markers - 2mm Abalone Dots
- Nut & Saddle - Bone
- Headstock Faceplate - Ebony & Tasmanian Blackwood
- Headstock Inlay - Abalone
- End Graft - Zircote
- Heel Cap - Ebony
- Machine Heads - Gotoh UK-700
- Strings - D'Addario Titanium with Low-G
- Finish - Polyurethane, High Gloss
- Scale Length - 17"
- Total Length - 675mm
- Body Length - 310mm
- Nut Width - 38mm
- Reference #T1
- S/N #170001
- Fingerboard Design - Custom Designed Sea Turtle in Koa, Walnut, Abalone, and Mother of Pearl
- Interior Engraving - Custom Designed, Laser-etched
- Kerfing Design - Custom Designed, Laser-cut
- Neck Reinforcement - Carbon Fiber