Ohana Custom Shop Baritone - "The Humpback Whale"
One of the several premium instruments recently made at our custom shop, this baritone comes with a specially selected set of koa from Hawaii and is hand-crafted with the finest details by Ohana's master luthier in our Long Beach headquarters. Every part of the instrument is uniquely designed and built with raw materials we sourced and selected, including its internal bracing, kurfing, bridge, and inlay.
The highlight of this instrument is its inlay on the fingerboard featuring the humpback whale, a magnificent yet graceful sea mammal. The layered sky and mountain ranges form the backbground for these elegant and charismatic whales showing off their gorgeous moves in the ocean. A number of wood species are used to form this splendid design, including Koa, Padauk, Purple Heart, Spalted Maple and Ebony.
Other design appointments on this instrument include a fully-carved beveled comfort edge, satin finished thin profile neck, wood binding, theme-matched end graft, heel cap, and abalone inlaid rosette and purfling.
Every aspect of how an acoustic instrument should be built is taken into consideration throughout the design and build process, so that at the end its acoustic characteristics and tonal quality could be fully amplified. This process is implemented in each and every of the instruments produced from our Ohana Custom Shop, and the premium baritone featured here is certainly no exception.
Included Accessories: Hardshell Case, Polish Cloth, Humidity Control Pack, Build Notes for Your Ukulele.
- Body Shape - Baritone
- Top - Koa
- Back & Sides - Koa
- Rosette - Abalone
- Binding - Claro Walnut
- Purfling - Abalone
- Fingerboard - Ebony
- Bridge - Ebony
- Neck - Mahogany
- Fingerboard Markers - Mother of Pearl
- Nut & Saddle - Bone
- Headstock Faceplate - Koa & Claro Walnut
- Headstock Inlay - Mother of Pearl
- End Graft - Claro Walnut & Ebony
- Heel Cap - Claro Walnut
- Machine Heads - Gotoh SX-510
- Strings - D'Addario Titanium for Baritone with Low-D and Low-G
- Finish - Polyurethane, High Gloss
- Scale Length - 19"
- Total Length - 790mm
- Body Length - 360mm
- Nut Width - 38mm
- Reference #B2
- Fingerboard Design - Custom Designed Humpback Whale, Inlaid with Koa, Padauk, Purple Heart, Spalted Maple, Ebony, and Mother of Pearl
- Kerfing Design - Custom Designed, Laser-cut
- Neck Reinforcement - Truss Rod
- Body Design - Beveled Comfort Edge, Expanded Body Thickness